Guild names in the player list and guild cloaks.

Place for Guild Discussions.
MadMage999

Guild names in the player list and guild cloaks.

Post#1 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:09 pm

In order to be more friendly to roleplay, I as Leader of O guild would like to rescind the rule of wearing guild cloaks at all times by all members of our guild.

However to do that I would need some other way for our members to be identified to feel good about the change, because the rule is integral to the guild almost a part of the charter, the reason being that we want people to know we are available to help anytime, and that is because we are O guild and proud.

Therefore I ask you, guild members of all guilds, and especially the guild leaders wether you would object to guild membership being displayed in the player list near the gamespy ID of each member.

If some of you collectively or in such way as your guild makes it's decisions choose to abstain, I feel you should have that right, much as I disagree with guild members being unidentified, I firmly believe in the principles of choice and free will.

Even so, I would like to see this feature implemented into the server, and I seek your opinions on the matter.
Co-Founder: Arcane Society

-=<ICE>=-

MBH for real

Blame The Rogue

Re: Guild names in the player list and guild cloaks.

Post#2 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:56 pm

surely folks can be trained to know the difference between ooc and ic information? if i see a character in scry with "thieves' guild" tag attached, which is ooc info, i surely wouldn't approach them in ic to discuss their guild. my character would have no ic knowledge that they were in such a guild

MadMage999

Post#3 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:26 pm

People who have characters not in line with the guilds their owners are in don't want said characters to have to wear the cloak of a guild that is totally against their RP persona.

Meanwhile my guild at least require it's members to identify themselves and do so because our charter is that we are available to help anytime and want people to know who we are should someone need help.

So to satisfy both needs/desires I was proposing that my guild at least have their membership shown in scry, and while we're at it, other guilds might want that as well, or not, but I'd like to know who is interested and who opts out.

-=<ICE>=-

MBH for real

MortisCorpus

Post#4 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:53 pm

Some of Ahala's members are the secretive sort. Are you going to tie this function to guild keys? I am not opposed regardless.
Retired Admin & DM

MadMage999

Post#5 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:41 pm

It may be possible to add/remove members via database entry, but that would require all guilds go through someone with admin tool access to add/remove members. I would personally have no problem being the main contact for this.

If it were tied to guild keys, I'd be listed as a member of at least 3 guilds, and I know I'm not the only one.

In any case a very pertinent question.

-=<ICE>=-

MBH for real

Samyx

Post#6 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:38 am

Hi,

I am against a scripted-enforcement of this, for two reasons

1/ My feeling so far is that guild-membership is not a so deep RP-focused choice. Meaning that belonging to a so called "evil guild" will not force you to play evil, and belonging to a "good" guild will not force you to play good, and that more or less what values that are highlighted are just common sense for behavioring with other players, not real mind-shattering RP laws. I am not saying that is useless, but I am saying that could involve much more interesting content, and again that could involve much more RP... and PVP. I have in mind the server had a critical PVP era that brought some mayhem (so i was said, i am too new for that), but still... this server is a PVM heaven with no PVP. Ok that is it and I am fine with it, otherwise I would not play so much here.
Bottom line is that it is useless to "declare" guild membership. So far.

2/ Considering the current guild involvement, while hoping for more PVP RP, I plan to have each of my main chars in one guild, so I can differentiate each behavior when switching, provided it is enforced at that time.
In short, I don't want to be limited to one guild per player, If I can avoid it.

Ps : No, that is not for trinket shopping...not only.

Finally, I have no intention to let O cult be the only good boyz (which they are, for sure). Helping new players is a real pleasure that does not necesarrily involve wearing a cloak, however nice it is.

Return to “Player Guilds”