Re-Starting the House of O

Place for Guild Discussions.
Sorcerking

Re-Starting the House of O

Post#1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Greetings!

I've returned to re-start the house of O and I need some ideas. It's original purpose was to welcome and assist new players but I would like to reassess that purpose.
I'm very open to new ideas.
If you have any ideas, please post them here.
First and foremost, I need a general, broad scope idea to start with.
We can work out the details as we go along together.

Ultimately I would like to put together a list of requirements to get in.

Naturally, if you help me, I'll help you. We in the O'Cult have our ways.... Heheheheheeeee.

Lord Mo

"... And don't forget to drink the Kool-Aid."

Zorteper

Re: Re-Starting the House of O

Post#2 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Good to see you back, O :D
Zorteper______________________________________
Master of Serjeants with the Knights Hospitallier
Loresmith with the Loremasters
Guildmaster of Societas Draconis________________
DM Zorquan

Sorcerking

Post#3 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:33 pm

Do you have any ideas, Z ?

Are you an RP DM ?

Brian told me that one of the RP DM's is going to run a story line some time in the future. Is that you?
It would be great if we could work the O guild into, and maybe the Ahala guild too. It would really help define the guilds place in the story line of Trinity.

I haven't tried to go into Cormyr yet, are the guild houses there too?

Ladyhawke and I are working this project together. (husband and wife)
She just posted a story line for Lira. We really look forward to bringing something new to the realm.

Thanks for the Welcome.

O

Zorteper

Post#4 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:24 am

Sorcerking wrote:Do you have any ideas, Z ?

I have tons of ideas... which I've tried incorporating into both the Knights Hospitallers and Societas Draconis...
But for some reason I've only found a few people with the patience and willingness of lengthy and thorough RP.
Seems to me most people are more interested in Hack n' Slash...

Sorcerking wrote:Are you an RP DM ?

I am... But I'm on leave atm due to RL issues.

Sorcerking wrote:Brian told me that one of the RP DM's is going to run a story line some time in the future. Is that you?

Not sure... I did post for a Cormyrean RP Group a few months back, but only got 1 reply.
Putting together the RP Campaign I had in mind at the time was and is a lengthy Project... But I kindda abonded my plans due to lack of Player responses.

Sorcerking wrote:It would be great if we could work the O guild into, and maybe the Ahala guild too. It would really help define the guilds place in the story line of Trinity.

If we get the "Project" under way again, then by all means... What I had in mind would have affected everyone :)

Sorcerking wrote:I haven't tried to go into Cormyr yet, are the guild houses there too?

Check this Post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=343

Sorcerking wrote:Ladyhawke and I are working this project together. (husband and wife)
She just posted a story line for Lira. We really look forward to bringing something new to the realm.

I saw that!... Looks great! :mrgreen:
Zorteper______________________________________
Master of Serjeants with the Knights Hospitallier
Loresmith with the Loremasters
Guildmaster of Societas Draconis________________
DM Zorquan

blackrider622

Post#5 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:45 pm

I was planning on playing on RoT again after being away for a while. One reason was I was frustrated with one of the areas but mostly it was because the server seemed to be purely hack n slash. I really enjoy RPing and when I saw this post, it intrigued me. Did you have any ideas on what kind of guild this will be? I play a lawful good monk and hopefully your plans for the guild will be a good fit for my char.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#6 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:16 pm

DM Zortepter is the chief RP DM and as he stated, the responses were low. The DM I am referring to is DM Thunderbolt, and is slated to start in April fulltime. This was the arrangement all along. He has been trained already when we first brought him on board and has alot of great ideas.

Hack and slash ( fighting ) exists in all RP worlds, and is funny how we actually HAVE a story with full dialoges, and depth, but were constantly labeled as strictly hack and slash. It gets pretty frustrating, especially since we have a low magic slow progression and even much more in depth story sitting there rotting. There are plenty of places to hang out and RP that have nothing to do with Hack and Slash. Players just choose not to RP due to the circumstances of low RP player interest. Hell I even added functionality for DMs to turn off areas entirely and set them up however they want with a few mouse clicks for events / stories.

In all fairness, the lack of RP has to do with the lack of RP DM Event presence. 1 DM isn't enough and he can't possibly be on all the time. We need the full boat. For a ongoing and in-depth story that the PCs drive to happen, you need DM participation and constantly foraging ahead even if you don't have alot of responses off the bat. If you look at the event series that actually wrote the 1st volume of CEXP, you can see that the players have and can influence a story in this world. We just programmed it because it was great content and we wanted everyone to be able to experience it anytime 24/7, with or without a DM.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

blackrider622

Post#7 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:18 pm

hey bsb, sorry if I came off as not liking the server or something. Didn't mean to bad mouth RoT. I love the world and it was created and designed so well. Everything from the areas to the music to helpful players has been awesome. I just at times would have liked someone to roleplay with. What I should have been doing is actively look for parties and guilds to play with. Had trouble with Avernus since my monk kept getting hurt alot from attacking the demons.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#8 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:02 pm

I actually hear what you were saying and was trying to bolster what you were saying. I wasn't thinking that you were bad mouthing anything. The problem is the lack of people interested in actually roleplaying, not the environment itself.

As far as your issue in Avernus, Death Ward is the key there as well as the reduction in difficulty that's taken place once again on all pre-ROT2 chapter 7 content. I think you'd have a much easier time now than when you were playing, plus the added knowledge of the things you now have available that weren't available then.

I am glad that we are having these discussions and coming up with ways to continually improve the RP scene and environment.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

MadMage999

Post#9 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:05 am

On the subject of Roleplay, I will add my two cents.

I am willing to roleplay with anyone at pretty much anytime, provided I know that's what they're doing. I don't usually roleplay when left to my own devices but wether I'm interested has to do with the people roleplaying as I think you can imagine. There are some very talented imaginations here among the players.

I would think I am not alone in this, so I also imagine that other people are willing to roleplay if engaged in it, and may continue interest depending on where it leads, so to speak.

I also applied (late) to the RP group, but it seemed to me that even some of the players who are in that group didn't notice the announcement for it until it was last call. Sometimes when the forums are active things get rolled off the recent forum posts list very quickly. I am sometimes amazed at what I miss and I am very active in checking the forums.
Co-Founder: Arcane Society

-=<ICE>=-

MBH for real

Sorcerking

Post#10 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:24 am

When I started this thread it seemed that no one except the DMs really remembered the guild, so I thought I might make a fresh start and create a new history for the O Guild that somehow fit into the story line of RoT. For example, "the O Family Guild was a noble family that decided to start using it's resources to help new adventurers when the the threat of Cain arrived and the King made their title of the Noble Greeters permanent, however the guild was scattered and destroyed by the Port of Call when some questionable exploits of theirs were inadvertently discovered by some guild members... "
That's just an example. It could be anything.
I would never want the guild to require RP. I think MM said it well.
That's my two cents. 8-)

Return to “Player Guilds”