Guild Admission Discussion

Place for Guild Discussions.
AGhost_7

Guild Admission Discussion

Post#1 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:37 am

How about we standardize guilds a bit? Right now I'm kinda confused about what should be done with account admitted guilds and character admitted guilds.

My thought would be to have players that have their account admitted into a guild only allowed to join one. Therefore, players that are already in Sanctuary cannot join the O's, and vice versa.

Players that wish to join a character-admitted guilds would be able to even if they're already in an account-admitted guild. Therefore you would be able to be part of the O's guild and the Church of Baravar Cloakshadow with the same character. You would only be able to join one character-admitted guild per character on the other hand.

Goodguy666

Re: Guild Admission Discussion

Post#2 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:12 am

Im very new to the whole guild thing, but some account guilds allow for multiple guilds as I read it (ahala and yours). Dosent affect me, but seems hard to enforce with the exceptions and honorary members etc.

AGhost_7

Post#3 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:14 am

Ahala is character-admitted.

For the record, the idea would be to have simple guidelines, not rules (I hate rules lol). Essentially, these would be implicit unless if stated otherwise by guild owners.

To me it makes sense since most RP guilds just die right now because they can't compete with what other more powerful guilds have to offer. So the idea would be to remove the competition between them, more fun overall if you ask me.

Sorcerking

Post#4 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:27 am

I actually kinda like the idea.

For the O Guild, I would say that any member that would like to run some of their characters in a Role-Play guild that they should just talk to MadMage or PM me just so we and other members know what's up when we see your RP character on. I would just ask that you don't wear the O Cloak on your RP character, that's all.

I imagine that RP guilds have their own rules about what resources that will be available to their RP characters so that things remain level. As far as I'm concerned, it's up to the RP guild master to let his/her members know if Members of the O Guild can us O Guild resources on their RP characters.

Personally, I sort of have a gnome fetish and I was actually thinking about running an RP character in that new Gnome guild. I've been doing O Guild for so long, some playtime in an RP setting would be kinda fun I think. Not that I have applied for membership or anything, just sayin.

Gnomes Represent !

Happy Gaming!

O

AGhost_7

Post#5 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:35 am

If there is enough interest I will write something up and sticky it. As I said these will be guidelines only - rules are not what is up for discussion.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#6 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:49 pm

I think I'm going to have to lose some more sleep and build a new guild admission system that database driven and that guild owners can grant access / remove access from a new radial menu option. What would be cool is if we add a new root menu when you right click your character for "Guild Options", if you are a guild owner ( which we will maintain that ), you will have the right to add people into your guild simply by right clicking on them and adding. By doing this it would set the players guild. Obviously, we'd have to have a mechanism in place to stop cheezery/exploiters who would just bounce around to guild to guild to get the goodies of each. But you get the idea.

Once we have that, guild porting options could be driven by database instead of key based and would only force 1 active guild at a time. We would also track membership history so that we can enforce a reasonable time frame between going from one guild to another.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

AGhost_7

Post#7 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:59 pm

I don't think that it should be enforced like that, there aren't enough guilds (yet) to warrant such a system imho(and you've got a huge list of stuff you want to develop already lol). What I propose is just to create guidelines so that new guild owners get the picture so that they can make a successful guild.

Sorcerking

Post#8 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:32 pm

LOL !!!

Brian,

You are SO technically oriented!
*Big Grin*

Let's just keep this one loosey goosey and messy.
Us players will figure it out as we go.
Fun is the name of the game. If it's fun, then we'll do it, if it isn't, we won't. Leave this one up to us guildies. *sly grin/wink*

So, let's open a beer and kill some spiders!

: )

O

AGhost_7

Post#9 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:47 pm

The best and simplest way to prevent cheesing of the system would be to simply have the guild founders post a list (and update it) of their members. Doing this much will, at the very least, discourage people to try and cheese the system. Its that simple.

But I digress,

I've posted the guideline, I think I'll add thing as I go.

Return to “Player Guilds”