Release Notes:

Forum used to keep up to date and report bugs that involve the PRC.
bsb5652
Site Admin

Release Notes:

Post#1 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:24 pm

The following are a detailed Highlight of upcoming changes to the Realms of Trinity with the release of the PRC:

- Noteworthy New Classes ( Marksman, and Hexblade )

a) Hexblade - Noteworty for players, you can only get your Hexblade spell options by quickslotting the level of spell book to your hotbar.

b) From Kaedrin: Templar should be turned off, it won't be ready till 1.43 in a couple weeks. I'll send a follow up when I'm home.

- Mechanics changes

a) Upon login, your items will auto-unequip and re-equip.
b) Equipping items will cause all pending actions to clear on your character. Hence this will interrupt buffs queued up.
c) CON Item equip fix by Kaedrin is in effect.
d) Instancing system updated to virtually eliminate all bugged/locked runs. We will be tagging your PC to the area you successfully loaded to, and if you leave the game via exiting or crashing, the On Module Exit script will execute the clean up script from the area leaving from. Crashing or forcibly exiting the game does NOT fire the On Exit script of the area and is what is causing the runs to be locked. We have band-aid fixed in past, but was only 90% effective, I have a 99+% solution in place on beta. Beta Testers: Please review instanced runs and verify functionality in addition to my personal testing.
e) XP Cap has been raised to 20 million XP.

- Content Changes/Item Retirements

a) All Health Shards purchased will be removed from inventory. ( Refunds will be made daily as the logs are processed )
b) Turken Wings and Legs will be replaced with new versions.
c) ROT2 Chapter 11 will be getting a difficulty adjustment downwards as well as some of the previous chapters ( 9 & 10 )

- ROT Features Changes

a) Easy mode characters will now get ER1&2 Kill bonuses and will receive 85% of gold from kills ( increased from 50% ).

- Outstanding Reversions Needed: ( Not bugs as they are standard KPRC functionality as of 1.42.1.

a) Spirit Shaman needs adjusted to be Wis/Wis. PRC changes this to Wis/Cha. Classes.2da line was changed, but obviosly there's more to it.
b) Death Ward reversion for RoT side. CEXP will use new KPRC version.

- Interface Updates

a) New help window will be added for forging details. More will be added down the road, but we will start with forging.

Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

AGhost_7

Re: Release Notes:

Post#2 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:17 pm

Brian wrote:a) Upon login, your items will auto-unequip and re-equip.

This will unmemorize level 5-9 spells for a lot of players. Is there some way that you could temporarily bump their WIS/CHA/INT by 6 or so?

Even with this, you'll still loose bonus spell slots from gear but at least with this its less time consuming.

Sequence should be:

- Boost CHA/WIS/INT
- Unequip
- Equip
- Unequip
- Equip
- Remove the boost to stats.

No idea if you've already thought of that.

Molag__Bal

Post#3 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:58 pm

AGhost_7 wrote:
Brian wrote:a) Upon login, your items will auto-unequip and re-equip.

This will unmemorize level 5-9 spells for a lot of players. Is there some way that you could temporarily bump their WIS/CHA/INT by 6 or so?

Even with this, you'll still loose bonus spell slots from gear but at least with this its less time consuming.

I played on another server that tried to implement this in order to prevent the item stacking exploit. As AGhost pointed out, it can cause you to lose a good portion of your spellbook if your naked casting stat is fairly low. Since it is possible to wear things like a +10 intelligence helmet on RoT, a gish could theoretically have something like 12 base intelligence and still be able to cast level 9 spells when wearing the helmet. This script would cause them to have their entire level 3-9 spells wiped out, and they would need to redo the spellbook afterwards!

We also found that the script actually caused bonus spell slot items to double up, which was part of what it was attempting to avoid in the first place. The server I mentioned eventually reverted back to how things were, since the script had been causing too many player complaints. Might be an idea to test it out a bit before full implementation here.

AGhost_7

Post#4 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:15 pm

Molag__Bal wrote:We also found that the script actually caused bonus spell slot items to double up, which was part of what it was attempting to avoid in the first place.

That is why it would need to unequip and re-equip more than once. Item properties double stack if you unequip and equip only once.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#5 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:21 pm

We are implementing 1.42 as close to standard as I can get it. I was just pointing out what I have observed. We can update it not to unequip items with spell slots on it.
Brian Bloom

Molag__Bal

Post#6 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:22 pm

Yeah. The other issue was a few players ended up with all of their equipped gear on the ground in the starting location, because they had a full inventory when they logged in.

Molag__Bal

Post#7 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:30 pm

bsb5652 wrote:We are implementing 1.42 as close to standard as I can get it. I was just pointing out what I have observed. We can update it not to unequip items with spell slots on it.

If it's doing so twice, it should be fine as AGhost pointed out. The bigger issue is the other one that he pointed out, which is the loss of spells due to your casting stat being lowered. If you can temporarily increase all stats by +12 during the unequip process, then remove the buff, that should solve the problem.

AGhost_7

Post#8 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:12 pm

Hey, Brian; got time to chat on skype or mumble? I've got an idea but its going to need some explaining I think.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#9 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Oh that's right, I forgot about that issue we talked about in game last week. I'll remove it all together.
Brian Bloom

AGhost_7

Post#10 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:52 am

I think that a fix for this bug would be welcomed. Its going to need some work but IHMO its going to be worth it.

Return to “Kaedrin PRC”