All final changes are on the beta server and the beta patch updated.
we are done with the preparations for the immunity plugin integration and all the changes that go along with it. All changes will be pushed to production within the next days. We thought it might be a good idea to say a few words about the changes to avoid confusion:
What does does the damage immunity fix plugin do?
The plugin fixes a lot of bugs in the vanilla damage calculations on the engine level and also provides some performance improvements. The probably most noticeable change from a players point of view is that immunity will work reliably regardless of the damage source unless it is explicitly scripted otherwise (like it is for Frost Mages for example). The plugin also fixes a lot of bugs in the calculation of critical hits. So unlike now all damage types that are supposed to crit will crit. Another bugfix worth mentioning is a fix for touch attacks. These are currently subject to arrow deflection which can make using RTAs - especially for warlocks - frustrating sometimes. This won't be the case anymore so you won't see those annoying "**" in the logs anymore.
What kind of changes will be rolled out with the plugin?
- As a compensation for damage immunity being reliable we reduced the immunity on monsters. This change has been pushed to production already. We lowered divine and physical damage immunity in particular to make sure non-magic users have reliable sources of damage.
- Damage immunity for PCs will be capped at 75%. The reason is that many mobs deal mostly elemental damage that currently ignores immuntiy entirely. Making the player immunity reliable would render all these monsters completely useless because nearly every PC on the server has 100% elemental damage immunity. So you won't get 100% damage immunity anymore but in trade for that you can trust the immunity that is shown on your character screen.
- Another thing we'll roll out with the plugin is changing the damage type of STR bonus damage to be physical. Formerly it was magical damage because scripted physical damage was not taken into account for critical hits due to an engine bug. The plugin fixes that so there is no need for using magical damage anymore.
- For all the other minor and major fixes and changes - especially for the summoning system - please check my commit logs.
What kind of changes can be expected after the roll-out?
- Immunity on NPCs will make a much bigger difference than it currently does. To reflect that in the rewards we'll take immunity into account within the calculation of challenge ratings.
- Based on the feedback of players we'll further adjust the immunity on NPCs. So if you run into a monster that is obviously too hard to deal with due to insane immunity values, please let us know. We'll address that then as soon as we can.
- We'll probably introduce new item properties that allow you to increase the immunity cap. Items with these properties will be very rare though.
PS: I should have mention this way earlier: Big thanks to our player Naamarikala for making this plugin a reality.