Haunted house RP Event

Place for DMs and Players alike to post scheduled events.
MadMage999

Haunted house RP Event

Post#1 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:31 pm

As posted on the board in town, we will have an RP event this saturday 11/23/2013.

The text of that announcement follows:

Finally!

We have some progress with the RP event series.

We don't have the permanent RP areas done yet, the ones that will become a part of the permanent server, and immortalize the participants forevermore in the lore of Trinity, but....

We have a new RP area from a prefab off the neverwinter vault and we're almost ready to run an event there... So without further ado:

MadMage999 is proud to annouce... the haunted house on a hill RP event!

Coming this saturday at 3pm Eastern, (11/23/2013) be ready for the announcement from me and we'll lead you on a mystery... an abandoned house on a lonely hill, haunted they say, but why? and by what?

Explore the mansion and learn the secret behind the stories.
Co-Founder: Arcane Society

-=<ICE>=-

MBH for real

Molag__Bal

Re: Haunted house RP Event

Post#2 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Is this a continuation of this series? http://www.realmsoftrinity.com/Forum.aspx?f=32&t=1028

Or is this something new? I couldn't quite tell from the post.

MadMage999

Post#3 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:57 pm

It's just a one time RP event.

The series I mentioned is the one promised that will feature all new areas and probably become a permanent part of the server, immortalizing some of the participants along the way.

-=<ICE>=-

MBH for real

Ladyhawke1973

Post#4 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Yay! I can celebrate my birthday that day by RPing and killing things! Sadly, Sorcer will be at work, but I plan on being there. Sounds like fun.

DualKatanas

Post#5 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:33 am

Most excellent; more RP an only be a good thing. I'll almost certainly be there, or at least try my very utmost to be there. What kind of character levels would be advisable?

MadMage999

Post#6 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:39 am

My advice is to focus on the story and interaction, and simply roleplay any difference in level between one character and the next.

-=<ICE>=-

MBH for real

MadMage999

Post#7 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:25 am

While I'm thinking about it, let me elaborate a bit on the concepts involved in roleplaying this scenario.

1. Tales have been told recently of a mysterious house on a hill, wild stories of haunting and terrifying happening s in that house. SO if several different people of different walks of life and accomplishment choose tom investigate it seem s natural, my question is why is your character interested in the house? Does he seek treasure, release for trapped spirits? Adventure?

2. It may be that there are belongings of previous occupants (or previous adventurers) scattered about the house, or a cache of treasure somewhere within. How does your character feel about the idea? Does he consider the fact he may not be the only one interested in the house, or the treasure? Will he seek to share with any strangers he encounters in his/her investigation? Will he be apprehensive someone might there first? If he/she finds something valuable along the way will he/she announce it? or try to pocket it as quickly as possible?

3. Imagine your character has recently heard wild tales of a haunted mansion, what is their response? (see question 1) and will they want to go immediately, delay some time before going? Will they seek to go alone, to form a party? How will they approach the idea of strangers also investigating? Will they be hostile, sneaky, two-faced? Friendly? Protective? Will they be a leader, a follower, a manipulator?

4. How does your character approach the potential for hostile encounters beside other adventurers or treasure seekers, but monsters, ghost ghouls, goblins, demilichs, ghosts, etc, etc, ad nauseum? Will they sek to go it alone? Team up? Hpe the other people are eaten?

You catch my drift by now, I hope.

So mY further advice to any and all, is bring the character you feel would be most interested in a haunted house, and be in their head the whole time.

-=<ICE>=-

MBH for real

ElektroViking

Post#8 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:10 pm

Time starting?
Wife is coming too ! :lol:
so low teen Frost Mage and Dragon Disciple pair coming!
The Couple that Slays Together, Stays Together

MadMage999

Post#9 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:12 pm

It's in the announcement, 3pm eastern.

-=<ICE>=-

MBH for real

CelestialFig

Post#10 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:03 pm

I took EV out and about today, and we had fun and lost track of time. :(

Both of us missing this lies totally at my door. I sorry :(

I was tickled when I heard about it, too! So please do more in future, so we can make those. :)

Return to “DM / Player Events”