DM Zorquans Code of Conduct

Place for DMs and Players alike to post scheduled events.
Zorteper

DM Zorquans Code of Conduct

Post#1 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Code of Conduct for Adventures & Events run by DM Zorquan

All Sessions arranged by DM Zorquan will follow the Rules described below.
Failure to comply will result in penalties, as playing according to the Code will be rewarded.

Events are divided into the following sub categories:
Roleplaying (RP) Events
War Party Events
Invasion Events

Common for all Event Categories is:

No Running!
Unless you're on your own, in Battle, going for Loot, or catching up to the Group.
By moving at Walking Speed you help the overall experience of the Event,
as this will give the DM more time to prepare each Area.
A "stressed" DM is more likely to get everyone killed.

Use Party Chat for Talking.
If you want to ensure that the DM notices all your brilliant moves.

No Resting, unless the place where you do so is considered Safe.
Wandering Monsters will come, if the DM decides the spot isn't safe.

The Party Leader is "The Caller", and has final say on everything for the Party.
The Party Leader may only be changed during Resting, and must be announced.

No going through to next Areas, before everyone has stated that they are ready.
The Party Leader either goes in first, or decides who does.

No Power Playing.
Describe what you want to try, and roll the necessary Dice.

If something Backfires during an Event, the DM will take the necessary measures to fix it.
So give the poor DM a few minutes to do so.

Unless otherwise stated, the overall death of the Party (a Party Wipe) will result in the end of the Event.
If everyone dies, please wait for information before doing anything.
If you decide to respawn before the DM can do anything, any DM related actions are forfeit.
If you are in the group and you die, you may not respawn and come back to save the group.

Please line up and hold still after the Event to get your rewards.

in addition...

Roleplaying Events
These events will be RP based.
Lack of proper RP, attacking or ignoring talking NPC's or Creatures, are all very bad ideas that will be punished.
At best you will miss key details.

By default, everything you say will be considered In-Character, unless your sentence starts with a (( or //
Out of Character (OOC) Chatter will be punished depending on its severity and repetition.

Your character must be RP able (both in race, name, alignment, etc)
It is advised you keep your Bio updated, for easy access to knowledge about your Character.

Players must act as per their alignment and with consistency.
This also should affect group dynamics. (ie. Paladins and Blackguards are NOT going to be friends)

If you are holding up the event for non-RP reasons, you will be warned once and then the DM will act accordingly.

War Party Events
War Party Events are for Parties, where the goal is to fight your way through the Storyline.
Meaning the Party will start at the lowest Chapter needed to progress the whole Party within the Server Storyline.
In example, 3 people meet at the Trinity Fire, 2 of which has already finished the Prologue, and 1 who hasn't.
The Party will then start at the beginning of the Prologue, helping the Character who hasn't yet finished it.
The DM will then add Monsters and NPCs to make a variation of the actual Chapters, giving it a unique experience.
The Level difference between the Characters in the Party should never exceed 3-5 levels.

Invasion Events
Invasion Events are Events where a specific location in the Realms find themselves in a predigament by being invaded by a Hostile force.
As this will be more of a fight for survival, there is really no rules to this.
But a mix of ER4s and level 5s will mean a lot of Rez Rods should be stocked first.

Please add in the Comments below if you have any questions, or if something needs more explaining
Zorteper______________________________________
Master of Serjeants with the Knights Hospitallier
Loresmith with the Loremasters
Guildmaster of Societas Draconis________________
DM Zorquan

HEART2HEART50

Re: DM Zorquans Code of Conduct

Post#2 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Ok... I have a few questions regarding some points in the Code of Conduct, in no particular order:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "Your character should be RP able"... aren't all characters created on the Server "RP able"?

I noticed that "War Parties" are the only place where Rez Rods are mentioned; does this mean that use of Rez Rods in RP Events are not permitted? I ask because, in the past, if a character died during an Event, other characters have come to their aid and used Rez Rods on them. I would not want to be in violation of the Code of Conduct if Rez Rods are no longer to be considered valid to use in these circumstances.

On the subject of "Backfires": Believe me when I say, I understand and agree completely on allowing the DM enough time to fix the problem! My question here concerns how to know when a "Backfire" has occurred... will there be some kind of announcement letting the players know they need to hold all actions and conversation until the problem is fixed? Sometimes, "backfires" can go unnoticed until the entire Party has moved past the point, without being aware of it.

Well, I think that about covers my questions for now... if I should happen to think of anything else, I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks for all the hard work you and all of the staff have been putting into making RoT even better! :D
Aging may be mandatory, but growing old is optional! :D

Zorteper

Re: DM Zorquans Code of Conduct

Post#3 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:14 pm

HEART2HEART50 wrote:I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "Your character should be RP able"... aren't all characters created on the Server "RP able"?

I mean you, as a Player, must be able to RP your Character... Take into advice Race, Gender, Alignment and Classes.
Also take some time to build History around your Character, so that you don't play a Fighter just because he has BAB30 or some other Build related detail.
So for example, if you want to RP an Aasimar, you need to be sure you know enough about that Race to be able to RP it.
Or if you're a Guy playing a Female Character, you should expect someone will flirt with you at some point.
Let me know if you need more examples.

HEART2HEART50 wrote:I noticed that "War Parties" are the only place where Rez Rods are mentioned; does this mean that use of Rez Rods in RP Events are not permitted?

Sadly Dying and Rezing isn't something anyone is taking serious, and Rez'es fly left to right during any type of situations.
So Yes... You may Rez anyone at anytime, unless the Group is played under the "Closed Group" regulations which will only happend to "Dedicated RP Groups", so you will know this prior the Event.
In the example above I'm just saying that a Level 5 will die a lot in the company of an ER4 if a DM is around.

HEART2HEART50 wrote:how to know when a "Backfire" has occurred...

Oh you will know... Either everyone will be dead, or the DM will call a "Time out".
If the "Backfire" goes unnoticed, it's not considered as such ;)
Zorteper______________________________________
Master of Serjeants with the Knights Hospitallier
Loresmith with the Loremasters
Guildmaster of Societas Draconis________________
DM Zorquan

Return to “DM / Player Events”