Season Mode Reward Structure

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
Trufax

Season Mode Reward Structure

Post#1 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:39 pm

I don't feel like rewards should be based purely on speed of experience gain as that boils down to who can spend most time grinding mostly solo. I'd like to propose a seasonal reward and milestone structure that incentivizes both character efficacy, cooperation with other players and a little bit of luck.

I propose the reward tier and milestone goal be based on the completion of Unnamed Runewords. A bounty is placed for Adventurers who can first acquire a collection of a certain number of specific runes. Once those runes are acquired that player can choose the archetype of item that runeword can be applied to and the effect of the runeword within reason.

While character efficacy would be the most important determining factor in the success of the seasonal run it wouldn't necessarily secure victory in this scenario. Trading for necessary missing runes and luck of the drop rate can play a significant role in determining the winner.

Furthermore if we wanted to expand the season we could require the winner to collect any number of runewords in order to secure victory. The expenditure of runes on each milestone piece would allow those who were a few runes short of the milestone an opportunity to secure a different runeword.

Brumm

Re: Season Mode Reward Structure

Post#2 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:21 am

Impressive that you managed to get to level 40 already :D.

You are right that basing rewards purely on XP is probably not a good idea. The runeword idea for sure works but might boil down to pay to win because nobody can farm runes as fast as someone who donates for them. But the idea in general has merits for sure. I'll think a bit more about it. Keep the ideas coming in the meantime.

Trufax

Post#3 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:37 am

I see no problems with increased donations to the server for everyone. The current race to max exp can still be bought with shards that can be redeemed into EXP. Perhaps instead of buying runes one for one. How about for season mode Tiers of Runes like A-E, F-J, K-O, Q-T, and U-Z can be bought into. The singular rune won can be random roll. ~20% Chance to get the one you really want. Always making progress but always having an element of chance in your progression.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#4 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:08 am

No one has donated for runes in a very long time, but that could be because we received very few donations in the last 6 months. We operate in the red just about constantly now. So, I really don't think donations for season mode will be an issue unless we get a flurry of em all of a sudden.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Return to “General Discussions”