Any To Do List?

This forum is for all those who are or want to create content for the Realms of Trinity world.
Sage of Souls

Any To Do List?

Post#1 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:07 pm

Hello! I was hoping there might be a way I can help out the server, but I'm not sure what all needs doing. If there's anything I can do, I'd be more than happy to help. Please let me know! :D

Sage of Souls
Wisdom need not come from age or experience. It can be passed down from generation to generation; from one who's learned to another who has yet had to witness such events. One does not need to be ancient to be called Sage.

AGhost_7

Re: Any To Do List?

Post#2 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:02 am

Well, maybe make some creatures? Areas? I don't know what you're ok to start with, so its pretty hard to say. Do you have any experience with the toolset? Any programming knowledge?

ps. I think that if there's one thing people are always craving, its new content. That means new quests.

Brumm

Post#3 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:16 pm

Items would be really helpful. If that is something you like to do, feel free to PM me about it. If you prefer something else, I am sure we can find something.

Sage of Souls

Post#4 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:15 pm

I do have a good bit of experience with the toolset, yes, but I don't know much about the Kaedrin pack. I would assume it wouldn't be too much different, though. As for my programming knowledge, I have experience with C programming and basic understanding of JavaScript.

I'm willing to do anything and everything I can, so whatever you want done, just give me a list and a basic guideline (i.e. if you want me to make items, let me know the power limits and such) and I'll get right to work on it. :)
Wisdom need not come from age or experience. It can be passed down from generation to generation; from one who's learned to another who has yet had to witness such events. One does not need to be ancient to be called Sage.

AGhost_7

Post#5 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:10 pm

What would you be interested in the most though?

• quests/areas
  • items
  • creatures
  • class/spells/feats

Sage of Souls

Post#6 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Sorry, my county got hit HARD by a hail/thunderstorm. Power's been out for two days, but should be back on by tonight.

Hmm, I'll pick Quests and Areas. It'll be fun to make up some new places and things for people to do. :) Am I also allowed to set encounters in the area? Or should I leave that up to you all to do? Same sort of question with quests. Should I just write up the story and let you all implement them where you want to or can I put the NPCs and triggers in the areas that I make?

AGhost_7

Post#7 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:17 pm

If you want to make new areas with creatures, you'll need to learn how to use the spawners. I've also got some utilities to make creatures challenging that you might want to check out.

Sage of Souls

Post#8 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:14 pm

Alright, where would I go to get this information and these utilities?

AGhost_7

Post#9 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:06 pm

You'll need to go through this to get started:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=793

The development package contains documentation for the spawner system.

I gave you access to the private development forum, you can find the documentation for the creature scripts here:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1645

Sage of Souls

Post#10 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:48 pm

Excellent. Once I get home from work tonight, I'll be off until Wednesday, so I'll get right to work on it!

Return to “Content Contributor's Corner”