New! Banked XP Manager

Updates on roll-outs.
bsb5652
Site Admin

New! Banked XP Manager

Post#1 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Below is the new method of redeeming and checking your Banked XP Balance:

1) Right Click on your character and select the option shown.

2) Enter the amount you want to apply to your character and that's it!

Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Molag__Bal

Re: New! Banked XP Manager

Post#2 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:21 pm

Awesome, been waiting for this tool to get implemented before using my banked XP.

Out of curiosity, why do easy mode characters only get 50% banked XP? By ER4, easy mode gives 25 stat points whereas normal mode gives 20 stat points. That works out to normal mode getting 80% the stat points that easy mode gets. Ignoring the fact that easy mode also gives 50% the amount of gold that normal mode gives, I think that a more fair approach would be to give easy mode characters 80% banked XP.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#3 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:49 pm

I hear you. Easy mode is not meant to get to ER5, but used for those who are new to the server and / or want to try out builds that they normally wouldn't start normal on. It is a deterrent for those who are just looking to cheeze a character to ER5. Also, there are a decent amount of XP bonuses regular mode PCs get that easy mode characters do not.
Brian Bloom

Molag__Bal

Post#4 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:58 pm

bsb5652 wrote:I hear you. Easy mode is not meant to get to ER5, but used for those who are new to the server and / or want to try out builds that they normally wouldn't start normal on. It is a deterrent for those who are just looking to cheeze a character to ER5.

I didn't see any disclaimer about easy mode not being meant to get to ER5 when I made my characters, and when banked XP was implemented there were no restrictions on easy mode characters.

Also, there are a decent amount of XP bonuses regular mode PCs get that easy mode characters do not.

Exactly, which is another reason that I don't understand the 50% penalty to easy mode characters. Do 5 extra stat points really justify a 50% penalty on banked XP?

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#5 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:36 pm

http://www.realmsoftrinity.com/Difficulty-Options.aspx

"In an effort to help new players that are not familiar to ROT or would prefer an easier time soloing through the game as it stands, we have added the following new feature to ROT:"

Also, just because there wasn't an explicit notice on banked XP rewards, doesn't mean that's not something we wanted.

We actually added in banked XP rewards well after the easy mode, and just never updated the page. Things change fast, and we have alot of places where info is posted and it's hard to stay on top of every place. So, after that, if you don't like the 50% penalty, don't make an easy mode character. If you have one, we can transfer the xp to a regular mode character for you and you can apply the xp to that.
Brian Bloom

MadMage999

Post#6 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:23 am

This is spectacular, I haven't tried it yet, but I must say "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you" for implementing this feature!
Co-Founder: Arcane Society

-=<ICE>=-

MBH for real

Molag__Bal

Post#7 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:46 am

bsb5652 wrote:So, after that, if you don't like the 50% penalty, don't make an easy mode character. If you have one, we can transfer the xp to a regular mode character for you and you can apply the xp to that.

Fair enough. I'd suggest adding some additional text during character creation to indicate that picking easy mode means that you will only get 50% of banked XP when it is applied to easy mode characters.

On a slightly different note, my (easy mode) warlock just hit 12,000,000 XP and he seems to be capped now. Is this intentional, or could the cap perhaps be increased?

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#8 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:17 am

I really don't see any reason not to increase the XP cap. We will have to review to see exactly what it will have on the engine first, though.
Brian Bloom

moocowgaipan

Post#9 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:53 am

I like the new feature that replace the widgets, but this one is hand-down my favorite!
Sanctuary founding member

Molag__Bal

Post#10 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:43 pm

bsb5652 wrote:I really don't see any reason not to increase the XP cap. We will have to review to see exactly what it will have on the engine first, though.

Just curious if you guys had a chance to discuss the XP cap, and decide whether or not to raise it up from 12 million XP.

Return to “Development News”