ROT1 - Refresh Project

Updates on roll-outs.
bsb5652
Site Admin

ROT1 - Refresh Project

Post#1 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:05 pm

We are starting to work on rewrites and reorganizations of alot of the starting conversations and documentation around town center to really improve the first impressions of the server. Alot of the starting content was written over 5 years ago and need cleaned up and updated to be in-line with all the newer content.

We will be making other improvements to online help and and various other peripheral conversations. The biggest changes will be to the reorganization of starting side quests to have a stanard start and turn in for the ones that were originally written to be open ended.

I am working with sorcerking on these works. Some have already been done, but will be happening daily for the next week or two.

There is a parallel project already on going to adjust the difficulty of ROT1 content and about 1/2 of ROT2 content down.

Roll out schedule of Rebuilt Quest Lines:

8/11/2012 - Bandits of Urmlaspyr - A multi-sectioned quest that will begin in the Trinity Westgate C&B Tavern for level 6-9 characters. Note: When this rolls out, the old version journal entries will be deleted to avoid any confusion.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Adamusa

Re: ROT1 - Refresh Project

Post#2 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:28 pm

If you want any assistance with writing, proof-reading, spell-checking etc (basically anything conversation related) then I'd be more than happy to help. As I'm currently writing a book I like to think that I'm a pretty good writer and I'd love to be able to help out in any way I can :)

Nebraxis

Post#3 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:04 pm

Like Adamusa, I like to think myself a bit of a scribe. So yeah, the same offer stands from me too. You need anything checking, or perhap rewriting of conversations etc then give me a shout.

AGhost_7

Post#4 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:55 pm

Getting a bunch of little helpers Brian! hehe.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#5 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:31 pm

Indeed. Actually, I do have some ideas for you John Handcocks out there who are interested. I would like to add alot of flavor NPC dialogs to the NPCs around the various towns, Trinity especially. If you wouldn't mind writing some up in straight text editor and PM me with them that would be most awesome.
Brian Bloom

Valariax

Post#6 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Could the NPCs that wander through the towns have randomly generated statements such that they won't always say the same things (or look at your character but say nothing)? Maybe they could all draw from a list of 10 or 20 different quotes or clues specific to their locations. Or perhaps "town criers" who walk through Trinity advertising different guilds or announce upcoming events? I think something like that could make favorable first impressions, as well.
DM - Chronicle
DM - Maëlys

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#7 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:44 pm

Correct, they can be a list of random statements for sure and even campaign based depending which campaign you are on like ROT1, 2, CEXP.
Brian Bloom

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#8 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:19 am

This has been completed and is being tested on beta thoroughly.

8/11/2012 - The Sembian Bandits - A multi-sectioned quest that will begin in the Trinity Westgate C&B Tavern for level 6-9 characters by speaking to a new NPC, Aarten. Aarten replaces Vaster Jarulson at the C&B Tavern.

Note: When this rolls out, the old version journal entries will be deleted to avoid any confusion.

Next Refresh Task will begin 8/20/2013, and will involve the high castle side quest redo. After that, will be implementing a whole new quest for Hlintar written by Zorteper.
Brian Bloom

AGhost_7

Post#9 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:21 pm

Just checked it - great work!

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#10 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:42 am

Remastered Prologue chapter - The Saerton Siege has released.

Key Updates:

- Vaster Jarulson at the Dragonback Inn has been replaced with new NPC to avoid confusion between Vaster at the Government building and at the Inn.
- Difficulty has been lowered to be equal to the the other 2 Prologue quests.
- Portview and Saerton General quarters has been instanced.
- Upon defeat of Saerton General, dynamic portal will take you straight back to Vaster at the Trinity Government building for turning in of the quest without having to port or walk back.
Brian Bloom

Return to “Development News”