Content Contributors Dev Package

Updates on roll-outs.
bsb5652
Site Admin

Content Contributors Dev Package

Post#1 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:04 am

After we return from our appearance at Gen Con 2013 ( 8/16 - 8/18 ), I will be producing a developers download package and video instructions that will walk through setting up the module on your PC, and the basics on building quests ( creation of areas, conversations, journal entry definitions, and instancing setup. )

I just wanted to drop a line to let you I haven't forgot about this and is on the docket for this month.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Valariax

Re: Content Contributors Dev Package

Post#2 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:28 am

Awesome! Thanks for getting to it this month. I have always wanted to produce quest modules for NWN2, but I've been hesitant because fiddling with an unfamiliar toolset takes a lot of time for me when I have no visual guide (yes, visual learner here) :) A video that shows the initial steps to setting up a module should help significantly,and RoT-specific quest building could allow me to give back more to the RoT community.
DM - Chronicle
DM - Maëlys

AGhost_7

Post#3 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:47 am

There's a pretty good tutorial by Bob Hall that you could snatch from the nwn2vault. Its well detailed in terms of imagery.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#4 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:44 pm

Just to be clear, we have a standardized way of doing things and powerful technology that we have developed and integrated into the toolset that we heavily utilize. The tutorials show mostly vanilla development without our custom systems. Having said that, you still can get basic understandings from them that will be very helpful. I just want to point out that its just a basis for ROT development.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

AGhost_7

Post#5 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:14 am

Yea just mess around and get familiar. Work on technique and such too. The more tutorials that you read the more little tricks(for area design) that you'll find, not just basics.

Return to “Development News”