Level Cap going to 40 and much more?!

Updates on roll-outs.
bsb5652
Site Admin

Re: Level Cap going to 40 and much more?!

Post#31 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:45 am

I'll look into it. What's weird is that I didn't have any issues with my wizard getting it on releveling back from level 40.

On another note: We will be changing the banked XP redemption on characters of Level 31 and higher to only reward 50% banked XP for them. Banked XP is applied 1 for 1 as is and is way over powered. The idea isn't just to scrap all your toons or whatever and just vault to level 40. Level 40 is an end game and is extremely powerful. We put it in to give options for long term play ( and i mean long term ).
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Giant2005

Post#32 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:22 am

bsb5652 wrote:On another note: We will be changing the banked XP redemption on characters of Level 31 and higher to only reward 50% banked XP for them. Banked XP is applied 1 for 1 as is and is way over powered. The idea isn't just to scrap all your toons or whatever and just vault to level 40. Level 40 is an end game and is extremely powerful. We put it in to give options for long term play ( and i mean long term ).

How does that interact with an Easymode character? Do they get 50% or 25%?

Brumm

Post#33 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:40 am

I think its a sorc specific problem. When you relvel a sorc you have some spells already memorized and you get them earlier than you are allowed by the rules (for example you get two lvl 5 spells instead of one). At the end of the relevel process you get the correct number of spells so its not really a problem. But I guess that these "remaining" spells are the problem.

Greetings

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#34 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:10 am

Giant2005 wrote:
bsb5652 wrote:On another note: We will be changing the banked XP redemption on characters of Level 31 and higher to only reward 50% banked XP for them. Banked XP is applied 1 for 1 as is and is way over powered. The idea isn't just to scrap all your toons or whatever and just vault to level 40. Level 40 is an end game and is extremely powerful. We put it in to give options for long term play ( and i mean long term ).

How does that interact with an Easymode character? Do they get 50% or 25%?

It will be 50% for both. No change to easy mode characters.
Brian Bloom

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#35 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:12 am

Brumm wrote:I think its a sorc specific problem. When you relvel a sorc you have some spells already memorized and you get them earlier than you are allowed by the rules (for example you get two lvl 5 spells instead of one). At the end of the relevel process you get the correct number of spells so its not really a problem. But I guess that these "remaining" spells are the problem.

Greetings

Cool, that detail will help. I can see if you are a sorcerer and have it prior to releveling and re-award it to you once you hit level 21 so you won't have to worry about it. We'll have to manually add it to your character to fix it moving forward.
Brian Bloom

Brumm

Post#36 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:06 pm

Ok, thank you.

Edit: If you give it to me you manually you have to remove the "improved critical range touch attack". I took it instead of vampiric feast.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#37 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:58 pm

And just a note on the banked XP nerfing for > 7 million XP characters, we are going to do a wait and see for a month before making that official or scrapping the idea. There are alot of folks that got huge amounts accumulated so, once the dust settles from it, we can see how long its taking for people to level up based on hard facts.
Brian Bloom

Brumm

Post#38 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:42 am

Update: Mortis tried to give me Vampiric Feast by hand but it doesnt work. It seems that there is a bigger problem with sorcs and lvl 31+. I will try to relevel soon and report again about it.

Greetings

Return to “Development News”