Wild Shape Rewrite

Updates on roll-outs.
bsb5652
Site Admin

Wild Shape Rewrite

Post#1 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:55 pm

We have devised a way to rewrite the Wild Shape and other polymorphing spells to avoid using the NW Script effect EffectPolymorph, which is the reason for all the goofy non-user friendly issues with it. It is going to be redone from the ground up and fully configurable real time by us as needed as well.

Once we get to the point of showing the new feature off, I will have some demonstration videos. No more spells not carrying over, spell slots, or whatever. You will have everything you have as a PC including your inventory. The only caveut will be that you won't be able to equip items to your hand slots and whatever you had equipped will unequip.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

MadMage999

Re: Wild Shape Rewrite

Post#2 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:30 pm

Once again, you sincerely amaze me, here I'd been told it couldn't be done. :-)
Co-Founder: Arcane Society

-=<ICE>=-

MBH for real

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#3 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:07 am

Yeah, I don't know why I didn't think of the concept before...
Brian Bloom

Goodguy666

Post#4 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:16 am

That sounds freakishly amazing!

Though I bet it takes some tinkering to get the balance correct with wildshapes using all the spells and equipment. Im tempted to roll up a druid, I prefer melee characters and a wildshape melee sounds like alot of fun, but never made one due to their underpowered nature with high magical server.

Great work!

AGhost_7

Post#5 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:56 am

We may need to rebalance, but other than that its going to be awesome.

Other things are going to roll out though, such as the level 40 and new epic feats. What is the plan for the rogue and bard overhauls? Are we doing this last or?

Goodguy666

Post#6 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:13 am

What is this level 40 talk? Never stumbles upon it on the server before....Im bursting with questions but I guess this isent the thread for it.

AGhost_7

Post#7 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:14 am

Giant2005

Post#8 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:31 am

Does the no hand thing mean that the Daggerspell Shaper's level 2 ability will be useless now?
Also, are you planning on beefing up the Wildshapes any with the changes? Their biggest issue right now is their low strength - unless that issue is resolved, they still aren't going to compare favourably to a non-wildshaped combatant.

Giant2005

Post#9 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:44 am

Also, will this change make it so you can enable the Druid's autosaving without screwing things up?
Currently it is a necessary evil but is still annoying as hell but if that could change, I'm sure there would be many a happy Druid!

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#10 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:05 am

Yeah, the autosave feature will be renabled for Druids and Warlocks. The polymorph effect is the issue, the fact that were getting rid of it will allow us to go back to basics.

Have no doubt, this is a major job that will require us to a heavy amount of scripting, some GUI work, and yes, balancing to make wildshapes a) effective, and b) scalable with ERs.
Brian Bloom

Return to “Development News”