We have completed acceptance testing on Beta for the server split changes. Please read below as to what to expect with the new architecture:
1) Server content has been split over 2 servers. Most remains on the main server, but the following content is hosted on Server 2.
- All Guilds, Atlantis, Bloodsands, Hlintar, Trinity Arena, Releveler Void, and Dakmor.
2) Porting between servers is transparent. You do not have to direct connect to server 2. You will not be able to direct connect to server 2, EXCEPT if you crash on server 2 and need to rejoin. If that is the case, just add :5122 to the end of server.realmsoftrinity.com and you'll be placed directly back where you left off. As always, if you are alone in an instanced run and you crash, you will be bounced back to the beginning of that instanced run. So to reiterate just direct connect to server.realmsoftrinity.com:5122 to rejoin server 2.
3) You will notice a flicker and an extra load screen when switching back and forth between servers. It is the game engine semi-transparently switching you by logging you out of one and into the other.
4) If you relevel, you will be transported to server 2, and be booted after your levels are removed. Log into the main server ( as you normally would ) and you will be automatically taken back to complete the releveling process.
5) In game players online and web site will now show what server you are on.
6) If you would like to send a message to a player between servers, just send a shout and they will see it and who it is from.
7) You will drop party and lose certain buffs switching servers due to it being a separate nwn2 instance. There's nothing we can do about that due to engine limitations. However, we will never port you to a hostile place or one that disallows resting. You can just party back up on the other side and buff there as needed.
8) EX mode, Current language setting and RP mode settings will carry over from server to server.
Release Notes :
- Epic Grandstand and Diplomatic Leadership will no longer unsummon from chapter 3.6-3.9 on exiting area.
- All auto start conversations have been removed and replaced with a popup saying to speak to the appropriate NPC.
- Timers in all areas have been extended to fit the new content level and time requirements.
- Full area ports for 3.8 and 3.9 start have been replaced to only PCs in your party so make sure you are partied up before kicking off the run.
- You will now have the option to accept or reject the guards in 3.9 starting conversation. If you want em, great, if not great.
- 3.5 Ship will now reset on each load without issue.