- Marksman Class Changes -
(PRESTIGE CLASS: This class is not available at character creation and must be unlocked by meeting special requirements, listed below.)
Masters of the longbow, the marksman is a champion of nature blessed by her deity with combat prowess and great endurance. She bears her the longbow into battle and fights her deity's enemies without question or hesitation. In addition to defending natural areas, a marksman may be charged with additional duties, including a campaign to attack foes on their own home ground.
Feats: Ranger's Manyshot, Weapon Focus (Longbow).
Skills: Lore 4.
- Hit Die: d8
- Base Attack Bonus: High
- High Saves: Fort, Will.
- Weapon Proficiencies: None.
- Armor Proficiencies: None.
- Skill Points: 4 + Int modifier.
- Class Skills: Concentration, Craft Alchemy, Craft Armor, Craft Trap, Craft Weapon, Discipline, Heal, Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Lore, Move Silently, Parry, Search, Set Trap, Spot, Survival, Tumble
- Max Level: 24
Bonus Feats at Levels: 13, 16, 19, 22, 24
- Spellcasting: At each level, a marksman gains new spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) as if she had also gained a Ranger level. Unlike normal ranger levels, these are full spellcasting levels (not cut in half) so that a 20 Ranger/10 Marksman has a caster level of 20 (20 divided by 2 plus 10 from Marksman).
- At Level 1, Marksman Spellcasting Class (Ranger): Type of Feat: Class
Prerequisite: Marksman level 1.
Specifics: At each level, a marksman gains new spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) as if she had also gained a Ranger level.
- At Level 1, Marksman's Companion: Specifics: A marksman can add her class levels to her ranger level to determine the capabilities of her animal companion.
- At Level 2, Careful Aim: A marksman's skills with the longbow improve greatly with training, giving them a +1 attack and damage bonus when equipped with a longbow. This bonus improves by +1 for every 4 levels of marksman up to a maximum of +6 attack and damage at level 22.
- At Level 3, Weapon Specialization (Longbow): Type of Feat: Special
Prerequisite: Must be a fighter, base attack bonus +4, Weapon Focus in the chosen weapon group.
Specifics: A character with this feat has trained especially hard with a specific weapon group, and gains a +2 damage bonus when using these weapons in combat.
Use: This feat may be selected multiple times, but the effects do not stack. It applies to a new weapon in each case.
Special: Halflings and Gnomes are small creatures and as such they can never use the following large weapons: greataxes, greatswords, halberds, scythes, spears, and warmaces.
- At Level 3, Sniper's Camouflage: Starting at 3rd level, a marksman is able to blend in with her surroundings, making it difficult to target her from afar. The marksman gains +2 hide skill bonus and 10% conceal versus ranged attacks. This ability improves by an additional +2 hide skill bonus and +10% ranged conceal for every 4 levels, capping at +12 hide and 60% concealment versus ranged at level 23.
- At Level 4, Improved Rapid Shot: Type of Feat: General
Prerequisite: Manyshot, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot
Specifics: When using the Rapid Shot feat, you may ignore the -2 penalty on all your ranged attack rolls.
Note: Rangers who select the Archery Combat Style receive this feat at 11th level, even if they do not meet the prerequisites.
- At Level 5, Eagle Eye: Starting at 5th level, a marksman is able to spot nearby enemies and highlight them to allies. Enemies within 50' of the marksman suffer a -5 penalty to hide and a -10% penalty to concealment for 3 rounds (18 seconds) when Eagle Eye is activated. This ability improves by an additional -5 hide and -10% conceal penalty for every 4 levels of marksman, with a -25 penalty to hide and a -50% penalty to concealment at level 21. This is an instant cast ability with a 5 round (30 second) cooldown.
- At Level 8, Greater Weapon Focus (Longbow): Type of Feat: General
Prerequisite: Fighter level 8, Proficiency and Weapon Focus with selected weapon.
Specifics: This feat grants an additional +1 to hit bonus with the selected weapon. This stacks with all other bonuses to attack roll (including Weapon Focus). This feat can be taken multiple times, but each time the effect applies to a new type of weapon.
- At Level 12, Weapon Mastery (Ranged): Type of Feat: General
You have mastered a wide range of weapons. Your training with one specific weapon now extends to other weapons of a similar sort.
Prerequisites: BAB +8, Weapon Specialization in one of the following weapons: Short Bow, Long Bow, Light Crossbow, Heavy Crossbow, or Sling.
Benefit: When using any ranged weapon, you gain a +2 bonus on attacks and a +2 bonus on damage.
Special: A fighter can choose Weapon Mastery (Ranged) as one of his fighter bonus feats.
- At Level 13, Greater Weapon Specialization (Longbow): Type of Feat: General
Prerequisite: Fighter level 12, Proficiency, Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Focus, and Weapon Specialization with selected weapon.
Specifics: You gain a +2 bonus on all damage rolls you make using the selected weapon. This bonus stacks with other bonuses on damage rolls, including the one from Weapon Specialization. You can take this feat multiple times, but each time the effect applies to a new type of weapon.
- At Level 16, One Shot (Combat Style: Ranger Archery): Type of Feat: Epic
Prerequisites: 21st level, Dex 27, Point Blank Shot, Improved Rapid Shot.
Specifics: The character can attempt to deliver an extremely powerful ranged attack. This attack ignores all concealment and circumvents any arrow deflection (like that granted by Deflect Arrows or Armed Deflection). If the attack hits, it deals maximum damage and inflicts a critical hit, even if the target would normally be immune to critical hits. This ability has a cooldown of 18 seconds.
- At Level 20, Epic Weapon Focus (longbow): Type of Feat: Epic
Prerequisites: 21st level, Greater Weapon Focus with chosen weapon.
Specifics: The character gains +4 bonus to all attack rolls made using the selected weapon. This feat can be taken multiple times, but it applies to a different weapon each time. This bonus replaces that of Weapon Focus and Greater Weapon Focus.
- At Level 23, Epic Weapon Specialization (longbow): Type of Feat: Epic
Prerequisites: 21st level, Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Focus, Epic Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization and Greater Weapon Specialization in the chosen weapon.
Specifics: The character gains +6 to all damage dealt using the selected weapon. You gain additional one damage bonus per 5 BAB you have. This feat can be taken multiple times, but applies to a different weapon each time. This bonus replaces that of Weapon Specialization and Greater Weapon Specialization.